The Senior Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for growing FPCU’s Commercial and MBL loan portfolio by originating loans that meet the Credit Union’s lending guidelines and philosophies through all available channels. The Senior Commercial Loan Officer should have experience in small and middle market lending with a balanced book of business and the ability to originate loans via mortgage brokers and direct-borrower channels.
The Senior Commercial Loan Officer will, as required, interview loan applicants and recommend approval of loan applications, analyze applicant’s
financial status and creditworthiness, and determine feasibility of granting loan. The Senior Commercial Loan Officers is also responsible for providing excellent member service to build lifetime financial partnerships. S/he represents FPCU in communities within the Credit Union’s Field of Membership through active participation in community affairs.
· Understands and stays abreast of changes to FPCU Policies, Procedures, NCUA, Federal and State Regulations as they pertain to Credit Unions, as well as BSA laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibilities
· Originates new commercial loans that meet Credit Union’s lending guidelines and philosophies via all available channels
· Builds rapport with targeted professional groups through networking and community activities
· Establishes new channels and markets to expand credit union’s commercial lending market
· Provides excellent member services to existing and potential members in the refinance process
· Advises loan applicants about credit union’s lending processes
· Collects and maintains the records of documents and financial information used determine borrower’s creditworthiness
· Analyzes financial information and presents the analysis and supporting documents for approval
· Facilitates in-house refinance or rewrite requests from FPCU’s existing members
· Advises members and potential members in the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
· Conducts collateral inspections when needed
· Stays abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet members’ financial needs
· Other duties assigned to achieve goals of the Department and Credit Union