We have an opportunity available for a seasoned collector to help us maintain company objectives and goals pertaining to delinquency. The ideal applicant will be a self-motivator, have strong negotiation skills, and will thrive in a fast paced environment that collects and resolves past-due consumer loan accounts through up-to-date payment arrangements, repossession, extension, re-writes, legal actions or charge-offs.
- Collection of past due consumer accounts
- Process credit bureau disputes
- Request field calls, make phone calls
- Handle incoming calls and respond to all member’s inquires in reference to their past due accounts. Perform account reconciliation, payment history and educate our member about their responsibilities on account and the importance of keeping the accounts always up-to-date
- Discover and analyze our member’s reason for the delinquency, and offer up-to-date payment arrangements, or extension plans, or rewrites, or due date change to our members to help them keep the accounts current
- Refer members to Balance or Consumer Credit Counseling programs when needed.
- Perform skip tracing to locate member and /or our collateral
- Prepares and submit accounts for legal action or charge-off supervisor for approval
- Assign account for repossession and coordinate efforts with repossession agencies
- Responsible for all repossession processes i.e. Reinstatement and Re-marketing
- Adhere to Fair Debt Collections Practice Act (FDCPA) and all other applicable laws
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.