The Recovery Collector will maintain company objectives and goals pertaining to charged-off accounts by monitoring and collecting of charged off consumer accounts until resolved through up-to-date payment arrangements, repossession, extension, re-write, or other legal action.
· Collection of charged off Consumer accounts.
· Send collection letters, request field calls, make phone calls.
· Handle incoming calls and respond to all member’s inquires in reference to their charge-off accounts.
· Discover and analyze our member’s reason for the charge-off, and offer up-to-date payment arrangements, extension plans, rewrites, or due date change to our members to help them keep the accounts current.
· Refer members to Consumer Credit Counseling programs when needed.
· Perform skip tracing to locate member and /or our collateral
· Assign account for repossession and coordinate efforts with repossession agencies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Windows, Excel, Word. Collection’s law and skip tracing.