You will focus on creating, implementing, tracking and optimizing our digital and traditional marketing campaigns across various marketing channels. To be successful as a Marketing Specialist, you must be highly self-motivated, proactive, and have a working knowledge of current marketing tools and strategies in order to execute successful marketing campaigns.
Develops, manages, and rolls out projects and promotions, based on the annual marketing plan, including but not limited to formulation and implementation of direct marketing programs, new product launches, digital and print promotional campaigns, and electronic & web media, to sell CU products and services.
Works with target marketing and segmentation criteria to develop effective campaigns to help meet Credit Union goals. Participates in interdepartmental coordination and support on all marketing tactics.
· Develops and coordinates promotional campaigns as assigned, including strategy, copy and creative; manages projects and promotions to ensure quality, timeliness and effectiveness
· Keeps staff apprised of marketing efforts and new products/services, by meeting with them regularly to explain items in detail; act as liaison between marketing and other departments
· Write communication to staff and ensure staff are informed of launch of new promotion or marketing effort (Marketing Alerts)
· Writes, proofreads and edits print and digital marketing materials and related member and employee communications
· Is responsible for coordinating, executing and managing media and email based marketing campaigns; research & recommend media buys as needed
· Consistently audits FPCU website and intranet, making sure everything is up to date, current and correct, as well as being in compliance
· Identify target audiences for direct mail & digital marketing communication, and works with BI to get appropriate data lists
· Assists with the management & maintenance of FPCU’s social media channels, keeping it current with all FPCU events & promotions
· Manages, fulfills, and traffics marketing requests from all Partners; fulfills Branch, BD, ESO and department requests
· Participates in planning, promoting and hosting of special events as needed
· Conduct and analyze marketing databased research, including regular monthly projects; track member response rates and return on marketing investments (ROI)
· Works with/manages multiple outside vendors at once and holds them to project timelines
· Supports, promotes, and participates in branch and company events; provides planning and coordination support for events; attends civic and community functions
· Ensure all marketing materials are approved by compliance.
· Write procedures on marketing programs
· Participate in the development of marketing strategies, research, and planning.
· Leverage marketing research to increase promotion effectiveness
· Negotiate, direct, and control use of vendors to cost effectively create advertising campaigns and related support materials (printing, research, advertising, mailing, etc.).
· Additional functions such as assisting in preparing budget review/variances and execution of emergency projects ranging anywhere from rush mailings to crisis management events.
· Performs various other marketing and support functions, as assigned by Manager
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Market Research, Communications, or a related field of studies with 4 or more years of professional, hands-on experience encompassing Direct Marketing, Digital Marketing, Market Research or Corporate Communications. Significant relevant work experience may be considered/may be substituted for college degree.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Social Media management & content creation experience
· Market research (CRM/MCIF database) experience desired
· Strong project management and organization skills required
· Proficient copywriting, business writing, grammar, and proofreading skills required
· Ability to write clear, compelling, informative, marketing-oriented and/or explanatory copy for a variety of mediums
· Ability to communicate effectively with service providers, departments, individuals and teams.
· Good public speaking skills desired. Public speaking skills essential for presentations to small groups and large audiences.
· Strong initiative and ability to learn quickly.