We are looking for an experienced Loan Set-up Representative (Loan Boarding Specialist) to join the Loan Servicing team here at Financial Partners Credit Union. The Mortgage Servicing Loan Set-Up Representative is accountable for auditing mortgage loans and documents for accuracy. The individual is responsible for ensuring an accurate loan file is boarded to the loan servicing system. The Mortgage Loan Set Up Representative will work with other Servicing Operations areas to resolve boarding exceptions and/or document issues.
· Must be familiar with Mortgage loan documents such as the Deed of Trust, Loan Note and Title policies
· Ability to recognize loan boarding errors and request corrections with Real Estate Lending
· Perform verification audits on data and documents for each loan that is brought for loan boarding.
· Verify all escrow information, which includes, but is not limited to: PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance), Insurance (hazard, wind, flood) and taxes (county, city, mud, school, etc.).
· Verify any loan in a SFHA (Special Flood Hazard Area) has flood insurance as required. Input flood certificate information, as well as, reissue LOL (life of loan) when required on loan.
· Ensure initial escrow balance or escrow balance wire is transferred is Sub-servicer. Verify monthly escrow payment is setup correctly in loan origination system.
· Process daily import/export tasks for the purpose of bringing closed loans over from Mortgage loan origination system to Sub-servicer.
· Origination fees validation to ensure accurate general ledger posting
· Perform research and follow-up on outstanding boarding exceptions.
· Excellent organizational skills and time management is a must
· Filing and archiving of loan files
· Assist with file preparation for loan sales and assist loan delivery department with shipment of loan files
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Mortgage loan document knowledge a must. Six months to one year related experience and/or training. Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Must be able to input, extract, and read data. Must be able to read and write English. Broad knowledge of real estate and/or mortgage loan servicing experience. Must be detail oriented.