Mortgage Loan Shipper/Loan Delivery
We are continuing to hire and always looking for top talent. In order to be proactive with social distancing, we are conducting all interviews either over the phone or via video.
The Mortgage Servicing Loan Boarding Representative is responsible for ensuring an accurate loan file is boarded to the loan servicing system. The position will work with other Servicing Operations areas to resolve boarding exceptions and/or document issues. This position is also responsible for all post origination quality control of loan reviews including, but not limited to, proper documentation, escrow account disbursements, flood and hazard insurance monitoring, as well as understanding applicable compliance issues with knowledge of Commercial, Business Loans and Residential Loans.
· Must be familiar with Mortgage loan documents such as the Deed of Trust, Loan Note and Title policies
· Ability to recognize loan boarding errors and request corrections with Real Estate Lending
· Work closely with the funding group to insure that all loans to be boarded are complete and correct.
· Perform post origination quality control loan audits to ensure that all proper documents have been received. This requires follow-up and review of all trailing legal documents for new loan originations.
· Perform verification audits on data and documents for each loan that is brought for loan boarding.
· Verify all escrow information, which includes, but is not limited to: PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance), Insurance (hazard, wind, flood) and taxes (county, city, mud, school, etc.).
· Verify any loan in a SFHA (Special Flood Hazard Area) has flood insurance as required. Input flood certificate information, as well as, reissue LOL (life of loan) when required on loan.
· Ensure initial escrow balance or escrow balance wire is transferred is Sub-servicer. Verify monthly escrow payment is setup correctly in loan origination system.
· Process daily import/export tasks for the purpose of bringing closed loans over from Mortgage loan origination system to Sub-servicer.
· Origination fees validation to ensure accurate general ledger posting
· Perform research and follow-up on outstanding boarding exceptions.
· Excellent organizational skills and time management is a must
· Filing and archiving of loan files
· Assist with file preparation for loan sales and assist loan delivery department with shipment of loan files
· Usually works with minimum supervision.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Mortgage loan document knowledge a must. Minimum 2 year related experience and/or training. Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Must be able to input, extract, and read data. Must be able to read and write English. Broad knowledge of real estate and/or mortgage loan servicing experience. Must be detail oriented.