Loan Resolution Supervisor (Specialty Operations)
We are looking for a seasoned Loan Resolutions (Collections) Supervisor to provide direct supervision for Bankruptcy, Legal, and Repossession Specialists. This role will maintain strict compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations as related to collection practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach, develop, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems through a process of ongoing communication. Monitor progress and direct the workflow to ensure standards are met. Promote an ongoing learning environment by recommending learning opportunities to enhance staff knowledge and skills. Responsible for preparation of performance evaluations and annual review of performance expectations for assigned employees.
- Ensure compliance with Credit union guidelines and policies. Coordinate and monitor workflows ensuring all accounts are worked regularly and properly.
- Oversees management of technologies used by the Loan Resolution Department including, but not limited to the Collection tool and other technologies as needed. Manage third party vendors, as necessary.
- Review repossession recommendations for sufficient collection efforts before approving repossession of collateral. Approve price floors, auction bids, and repairs to collateral repossessed by the credit union.
- Review and approve recommendations for legal.
- Review bankrupt accounts to ensure proper course of action. Review and approve Reaffirmation Agreements as required.
- Handle escalated member situations related to their loans or otherwise when needed – aiming to satisfy the member and resolve concerns in a timely manner. Promotes a positive relationship between the members (internal and external) and the credit union and understands that service delivery to members is the number one priority of the credit union.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws governing the collection attempts made by the credit union.
- Regular and consistent attendance required.
- Complete all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
- College degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years prior Supervisor experience preferably with a credit union or other financial institution. Must possess leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of proper and compliant collection practices including, but not limited to rules and regulations relating to the process of repossession and liquidation of collateral. Familiarity with bankruptcy rules and regulations as well as collection litigation.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data and information to develop and provide analytical analysis.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.