Network & Systems Administrator
The Network and Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of corporate Network and Server Infrastructure operations. This is achieved by installing, monitoring & maintaining network and server systems, as well as assisting with planning and implementation of infrastructure solutions. The Network and Systems Administrator will work with engineers to support and optimize of all network and server hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will field issues escalated by the Help Desk as well as issues identified through various NOC tools. They will analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion with support from engineers, providing training for help desk staff and end users where
required. While there is a broad range of activities, the primary focus of the position will be server operating system support and escalations of desktop OS issues.
Strategy & Planning
· Collaborate with management and engineers to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
· Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and business continuity.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Deploy company server and network systems, including servers, routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, UPSs, and other hardware.
· Conduct research on system and network monitoring & management solutions, as well as server and OS products, to remain abreast of current technology.
· Perform equipment, hardware, and software upgrades, under the direction of IT management and senior engineers.
· Deploy Server VMs and maintain deployment templates for supported operating systems, such as Windows
· Interact with vendors, outsourcers, contractors, project managers, engineers and stakeholders to fully complete projects on time.
· Monitor and troubleshoot networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Consult with and assist desktop support team as needed to provide escalated support for user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
· Ensure availability of all servers, workstations, and other network equipment/services.
· Manage on-prem servers, including database, print, virtual and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
· Manage and monitor cloud-based infrastructure solutions, with particular focus on Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service
· Practice equipment asset management, including maintenance of inventory and related documentation, as well as technical
· Monitor and test system performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Participate in network security initiatives, performing tasks as identified by the IT Security team..
· Perform server and security audits, as well as system backups and recovery.
· Recommend systems and processes that streamline operations
· Mentor and/or provide guidance to members of the Help Desk/Workstation team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Degree in computer science or network administration and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
· Proven experience and success with server, network and desktop system support.
· Hands-on technical knowledge of server and PC operating systems, including Windows 8/10, Windows Server 2012/2012R2/2016/2019.
OS X and/or Cisco IOS knowledge a plus.
· Strong hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Competence with monitoring tools and procedures for system management platforms.
· Familiarity with cloud infrastructure services. Microsoft Azure experience or training a plus.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.