Document Management Specialist (Temp position)
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Document Management Specialist manages documents and records of the company. He/she will implement and administer enterprise-wide document management system and related Policies and Procedures that allow organizations to create, standardize, store, retrieve, share, approve and manage electronic records and documents.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures regarding document storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction.
- Work with division leadership to determine the interdependencies within policies and procedures
- Standardize all policies and procedures into a consistent template and with consistent formatting
- Evaluates existing document management systems and procedures to determine current effectiveness and efficiency; identifies and recommends improvements.
- Consults with end users to identify problems in accessing electronic content.
- Ensures security of system and integrity of master documents by implementing document and system access rights and revision controls.
- Ensures company complies with applicable laws and regulations regarding data security and document management.
- Communicates and consults with other staff when assessing, acquiring, or deploying new electronic document management systems to ensure smooth transition and minimal disruption.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and developments in document management technologies and techniques
- Develops an annual calendar of policy and procedure requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of laws and regulations regarding document management.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Strong focus on prioritization
- Develops partnership and builds trust
- Experience with Document Management Software such as Quantivate
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
At least three years of related experience required.