Financial Partners Credit Union is looking for an experienced Real Estate Loan Funder for its fast paced Real Estate department. This position is responsible for funding and closing loans in a timely manner in accordance to company and investor requirements. The ideal candidate will review regulatory forms, perform and complete a pre-funding quality control for each file, gather and assemble information and documentation to complete the closing file and ensure pre-documents and funding conditions meet guidelines. Furthermore, the Real Estate Loan Funder will perform post-closing quality control and ensure final documents are received.
- Receive and review any outstanding funding conditions prior to closing.
- Present issues preventing closing to Management for resolution.
- Ensure all prior to funding conditions have been met and, when complete, set file up for funding.
- Complete review of loan file when returned from closing agent to ensure documents were signed correctly
- Approve HUD-1 prior to funding in accordance with company and investor requirements.
- Verify rate, lock expiration, discount points and loan fees
- Review and sign off on executed documents and instructions to escrow/closing table prior to release of funds.
- Insure all required documentation for Collateral Package is satisfactory prior to sending to warehouse line provider.
- Follow up on all post-closing and trailing documentation.
- Post funding, follow up on Final Settlement Statement if not received within 72 hrs.
- Ensure loan files and post-closing documents are imaged timely/completely.
- Ensure timely delivery of Collateral to the appropriate department daily (drys – Non Good Funds State) & within 5 days (wets – Good Funds State)
- Complete Funding/Closing check list and upload to Cadence Virtual Loan Folder.
- Assist operations management in training and mentoring department Document and Closing Partners by responding to questions or providing clarity.
- Assist operations management in prioritizing and allocating Document Preparation and Closing workload
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of real estate lending compliance and regulations.
- Ability to evaluate underwriting strategies, prioritize activities and make effective use of resources.
- Ability to use PC in a windows environment, basic word processing.
- Basic Business Math and business writing.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae program – Desktop Underwriter preferred.