Commercial Loan Portfolio Manager II
This position is responsible for analyzing and conducting risk assessments on credit applications for commercial and business purpose loans. The credit underwriting function will focus on analyzing commercial lending requests and detailing the analysis in a well-documented credit memorandum. This will be accomplished while adhering to the credit unions established credit risk tolerance, written credit policy and underwriting guidelines.
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing the creditworthiness of all commercial loan originations and renewals by conducting: cash flow analysis for all loans to include when appropriate a property DSCR, a Business DSCR, a Global DSCR, Net Worth calculations and all ratios pertinent to a sound lending decision.
- Evaluating financial statements, historical trends, projections, management performance, industry, cash flow, capital structure and collateral analysis and validation of all appraisals and LTV’s.
- Prepare written summary of loan terms and conditions along with a written narrative explaining business background, outlining risk factors and justifying assigned risk rating, ensuring conformity with credit union policy and procedures and with applicable credit union regulations.
- Identify risks and assist in structuring the loan to mitigate risks.
- Complete a risk assessment template for all loans and validate the appropriate risk rating.
- Understand physical characteristics, and complexities for all Commercial Real Estate properties to include Multifamily.
- Actively participate with VP of Commercial Lending in the preparation of loan proposals for committee presentation, including review of financial statements and projections.
- Review and recommend continued improvements to the underwriting and application process.
- Actively monitor reports to ensure all requirements are met.
- Aid in the training and development of staff.
- Participates in management projects as needed and assist in achieving the credit unions goals and objectives.
- Participates periodically internal and external training courses as required by the credit union.
- Comply with all credit union policies, procedures, state and federal credit union laws and regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Control (OCC) and USA Patriot Act.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related field preferred.
3-5 years of continuous work experience in commercial lending underwriting with emphasis in Commercial Real Estate.
Excellent analytical, conceptual, writing, and communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with other professionals including loan officers, brokers, processors, appraisers, accountants and auditors. Ability to work with limited supervision. Good organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.