Jr. Data Engineer
You will be joining a small team of awesome people that move fast and innovate. You will help us build optimized data pipelines to scale from hundreds of events per day to thousands. If your toolbox includes proficiencies in Data Warehouse and SQL, we would love to apply your data expertise to have real world impact.
All this needs to be done with a focus on engineering best practices, efficiency, scalability and reliability.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines for real-time/batch analysis, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions.
- Develop and implement solutions for data quality validation and continuous improvement.
- Partner with project leads, engineers and business units to understand business and technical requirements, plan and execute projects, and communicate status, risks and issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of system/data issues and develop solutions as required.
- Use large data sets to provide insight into business and functional issues while improving data reliability, efficiency and quality.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative/analytical field (Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Math, Finance)
- Up to 0 - 2 years’ relevant industry experience
- Proficient in SQL, database architecture
- Proven track record of collaborative development in an agile team environment.
- Experience in a scripting language (C#, R or Python).
- Ability to communicate well with users, partner teams and management to collect requirements, explain data presentation decisions and deliver against the data engineering strategy