Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
As a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will design, develop and implement technical solutions to drive the optimization of our processes; identify, gather and maintain operational data; leverage the data to evaluate the current state of our businesses; and identify patterns and opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies. This insight will be communicated to the business leadership to support new business ventures, provide tools for the business units to make better informed decisions and identify trends, threats and opportunities for growth. The position will take responsibility for data validation and warehousing to ensure the integrity of the source data, analytical models and dashboards.
- Partner with other internal teams to gather and document business requirements, specific KPIs, and necessary information for each respective task
- Collaborate with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model and prep data to produce datasets, reports, ad-hoc requests, and automated dashboard reporting
- Develop and productionalize machine learning models to analyze key target metrics (member retention, product cross-selling, etc.)
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting of data patterns, insights, and trends to internal decision-makers
- Compiles business intelligence trends to support actionable recommendations
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative/analytical field (Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Math, Finance) or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with advanced Excel knowledge.
- 2+ years' experience with Data Visualization Software such as Tableau, GGplt, MS PowerBI, etc. 2+ years' working with financial reports
- Understanding of SQLExperience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, Numpy, R, etc. a plus.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Development of BI Dashboards and Business/Financial Reports Strong investigation and problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership and follows issues through to completion.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines