We have an opportunity for an accountant to perform general accounting duties within the credit union.
- Provide basic accounting support to employees in a timely manner.
- Accounts Payable: Process accounts payable checks utilizing the AP Tool. Prepare and input approved
vendor invoices with code and account numbers, print checks and assemble paperwork for check signing. Pay invoices in a timely manner taking advantage of discounts when applicable.
- Process stop payment requests.
- Settlement of Official checks
- General Ledger input: Input daily general ledger entries to the general ledger.
- Weekly cash order
- Monthly G/L reconcilements
- Review and process employee
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. PC proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word, operate calculator, basic math and accounting skills. Experience reconciling G/L accounts preferred.