Financial Partners Credit Union’s Fraud Analyst is responsible for tracking and analyzing data to identify patterns and/or trends relating to potential fraudulent activity across multiple digital channels, including ACH, ATM/Debit/Credit Cards and real time payments like Zelle. The analyst provides member service by translating insights and potential threats into actionable measures that help combat and mitigate fraud while protecting the financial assets of the credit union and our member owners. This position has extensive Member interactions and performs a wide range of payment servicing duties across multiple digital channels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors and reviews multiple fraud reports, risk alerts and fraud detection system(s) to identity potential threats such as fraud schemes like account takeover, friendly fraud, theft or other similar events.
- Mitigates and reduces loss exposure through the implementation and/or management of system wide core banking block parameters, temporary account, card, digital banking, or product specific suspensions while investigating potential threat scope.
- Works closely with external vendors and collaborates with key internal stakeholders or team members to implement, manage, and maintain fraud mitigation strategies.
- Advanced level of experience dealing effectively, empathetically and courteously with Members while interviewing and providing claim processing support and meeting defined internal service level agreements.
- Prepares and processes fraud loss documents and manages cases in compliance with Reg E.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task using multiple computer applications.
- Has a thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements encompassing Regulation E.
- Maintains confidentiality of data and secures information collected at all times.
Education & Experience
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D Required.
Experience: 2-3 years in a eServices, Card Services or Contact Center environments preferred. Bilingual highly sought.