Personal Banking Officer II (Digital Branch)
In this role, you will assist and advise members in the selection and opening of all credit union accounts and loans via all available contact channels in the Member Experience Center. Make qualified referrals to business partners for ancillary product offerings. Use all member interactions to identify current and future needs. Use consultative skills and closing techniques to obtain the member’s business.
- Open checking, savings, money market, CDs, IRAs – following credit union policies and procedures.
- Process mortgage and consumer loan applications; prepare documentation as appropriate.
- Use credit reports to perform Credit Reviews, identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Prioritize and follow up on pending work and sales opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services.
- Reach out to members from Partner referrals and other sources.
- Follow up on approved loan applications, new memberships, and other available opportunities.
- Work referrals from Member Contact Center agents and Personal Teller Center agents.
- Coach Member Contact Center and Personal Teller Center agents on quality of referrals.
- Complete outbound Welcome Calls to new online memberships.
- Effectively communicate the full benefits of Financial Partners membership via all contact channels, listening and asking questions to develop specific financial solutions.
- Proficiency in discussing features and benefits for all products and services, obtain the member’s business by using consultative closing techniques.
- Meet established individual goals.
- Attend training offered through Learning & Development as required.
- Adheres to applicable procedures and applies good judgment when establishing new accounts, funding loans and accepting items for deposit to eliminate risk of loss to the credit union.
- May be required to support Member Contact Center or Personal Teller Center when necessary.
- Be present. Adhere to break and lunch schedule and maintain attendance within company and department policy guidelines.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required; Associate's Degree (A. A./A.S.) from two-year college or technical school is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 months previous banking or credit union sales experience.
- Customer service and/or call center experience.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to read and write English. Must be able to input, extract and read data and Standard English on a PC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be able to use multiple system programs simultaneously