Director of Card Services
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Director, Card Services will perform a broad set of general management activities to accelerate sustainable and profitable growth for Financial Partners credit, debit, and reloadable card portfolios. Primary responsibilities of this role include strategic and tactical business planning, new product development, product enhancements, portfolio management, market and competitive analysis, delivery of member experience, and management of key external relationships. Also to ensure new products and programs are launched and managed with a coordinated strategy that includes: training, sales execution, marketing/member engagement, advertising, web presence, and ongoing member service.
- Accountable for hitting growth, profit and expense targets.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and build strategies to combat competitive threats and increase share of wallet.
- Design and implement competitive disruption strategies aimed at key competitors – targeted offers against key competitors.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of acquisition, utilization and retention strategies. This involves providing strategic direction and alignment with overall business goals, preparing the business case, as well as setting and measuring program/campaign success metrics and objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase cardholder share of wallet (i.e. migrate cardholders to higher value reward products, line increase strategies, balance transfer strategies, etc.)
- Responsible for the financial viability of all strategies and programs. This involves preparing financial projections and assessing results based on key business drivers (balance & purchase lift, and profitability).
- Identify and may assist in implementing process improvements that reduce expense, improve efficiency, and increase the Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Maintain an ongoing, in-depth knowledge of credit card processing and payments industry news, reports, and events to keep informed of developments and trends affecting activities.
- Assess the effectiveness of product portfolio in delivering against diverse member needs, relative to the competitive landscape. Manage existing product lines and develop strategy and prioritization for growth. Keep a strong pulse on changing member preferences and industry trends to identify opportunities to develop new products or enhance positioning, pricing, promotion, and benefits of existing products.
- Assist with maintaining FPCU’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations by abiding by FPCU’s compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of fraud strategies and programs against all delivery channels.
- Analyze the portfolios, making recommendations to grow interchange income.
- Prepare weekly financial reporting of results related to card production and monthly reporting on overall portfolio performance (card acquisition, utilization, average spend, etc.)
- Provide reporting on all campaigns, promotions, and programs, highlighting major issues and accomplishments. Work with key partners to identify opportunities to improve campaign performance, including use of models where applicable.
- Enhance the member experience. Identify improvements opportunities, new channel requirements and solutions available to improve the experience. Lead implementation efforts.
Establish performance goals for staff and implement measurements to monitor performance.
- Provide leadership, support and develop staff, including any third-parties supporting the portfolio (i.e. after-hours phone support).
- Develop and manage to annual department budget and production goals.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
- Special Projects as assigned
Bachelor's Degree, MBA is preferred. Minimum of five or more years experience in card services operations in the banking or credit card industry.
- Must understand drivers of card profitability, transaction processing, and fraud mitigation techniques.
- Must have financial services management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Familiarity with Symitar, Data Navigator, and Revelation (or other reporting/data analytics) desirable.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives/priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness and ability to change strategic direction quickly and flawlessly.
- Demonstrated success in crafting and deploying broad business strategies in operational/member service environment.
- Ability to analyze business situations and recommend overall strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver against goals with a strong focus on details.
- Knowledge of Credit Union operations and the ability to integrate and communicate critical information.
- Strong management, leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills to effectively develop, challenge, and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superior presentation skills.
- Organized, self-starter, innovative, and team oriented.
- Experience working with third party credit card processors