Personal Banking Officer II
Financial Partners Credit Union is one of the nation’s largest credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound, focused on our members and partners, and growth-oriented. At FPCU, our partners work together with a common vision, “Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships.” In doing so, we promote a culture where your opinions matter, your development matters, and you count. We encourage our partners to challenge themselves to work smarter, be more successful and grow to their potential.
We are looking for a Personal Banking Officer with a proven track record of success to join the team in our Huntington Beach branch . As a Personal Banking Officer, you will be assisting members with various loan options, explaining features of all our products and services, opening accounts and referring members for financial planning, investments and insurance products. Primary duties of this unique opportunity are as follows:
- Process mortgage and consumer loan applications, prepare documentation as appropriate and fund loans.
- Grow membership through outside business development efforts and generating new Select Employer Groups.
- Apply consultative sales skills with members and use credit reports to perform a credit review for members identifying cross sell opportunities.
- Open and close checking, savings, money market, CD’s, IRA’s following credit union policies and procedures.
- Present and discuss features and benefits of all CU products and services
- Assist members in using convenient access services, such as Mobile, Bill Pay, Direct Deposit, E Banking, E Quest, PTM, ATM and shared branches.
- Educate members on all the services available to them.
- Teleconsult and follow up on approved, unfunded loans, new members, and other available opportunities.
- Adheres to applicable procedures and applies good judgment when establishing new accounts, funding loans and accepting items for deposit to eliminate risk of loss to the credit union.
- Build multiple service profitable member relationships
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 6 months of related platform sales experience or financial experience.
- Internal partners must have completed the PBO I Job Family Certification and must be in good standing, with a minimum of 6 months in current position
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to read and write English. Must be able to input, extract and read data and Standard
English on a PC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be able to use multiple system programs simultaneously
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NMLS required upon hire
- California Notary Public a plus, not required