DMV / Title Administrator
Under general supervision, but in accordance with the credit union policies and procedures, ensures all Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) documentation is obtained and complete in order to secure the collateral of the credit union’s loan. Maintain the securitization of the loan collateral by retaining any paper titles, updating and correcting collateral information on the RDS system and the FDI system. Release titles accurately and timely. Follow all applicable laws and regulations concerning DMV processing. Help identify areas needing training to increase accuracy and to meet member service standards.
• Respond to both internal and external members inquires in a timely manner.
• Know the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of DMV administration.
• Provide back-up to other functions
• Provide training to lower level co-workers
• Usually works with minimum supervision
• Work is varied and somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility
• Participates and is responsible
• Comprehend business needs and results.
• Work efficiently
• Ability to identify and recommend operational improvements and efficiencies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree preferred. Detail oriented, organized and proficient with numbers. Good customer service skills. Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Have the ability to communicate with internal and external members. Must be able to input, extract and read data. Broad knowledge of DMV Administration preferred. Working knowledge of the FDI system and/or Remember Data preferred.