Sr. Commercial Loan Processor
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Loan Processor to add to the team here at Financial Partners Credit Union. In accordance with the credit union’s policies and procedures, you will accurately and efficiently process commercial loans, collect and re-verify every document to ensure loan package is complete prior to funding and all underwriting requirements are met. You will also provide administrative support as required to Commercial Lending Officers and respond to questions concerning all aspects of member business loans from various sources, such as members, brokers, branch managers and branch and department staff.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning lending
- Prepare Letter of Interest in accordance with conditions in approved loan proposal
- Completes loan processing and funding within the credit union procedures and policies
- Receives member business loan application, collects package and reviews for completeness
- Ensures completeness of the loan package prior to submitting files for Underwriter approval.
- Coordinate external activities with the title companies, appraisers, environmentalist and other pertinent parties.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from many sources, such as brokers, members, branch managers and other credit union personnel, explaining loan procedures, providing technical assistance, answering questions concerning loan rates, terms and related matters.
- Order the loan documents and coordinate loan signing with escrow
- Images loan files
- Works with underwriter to facilitate the processing and closing of all loans. Provide extraordinary service at every point of contact
- Ability to handle members’ objections without assistance
- Proactive and results oriented
- Maintain and follow-up pending loan files
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of commercial lending compliance and regulations a plus. Ability to evaluate strategies, prioritize activities and make effective use of resources. Ability to create an environment which motivates others. Ability to listen effectively, present ideas clearly, concisely and in an organized and interesting manner. Ability to use PC in a windows environment, basic word processing and spreadsheet functions. Ability to think creatively. Basic Business Math and business writing.