Loan Resolution Supervisor
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Loan Resolution (Collections) Supervisor will assist in minimizing and mitigating credit union losses by maintaining a low delinquency, reducing write-offs and increasing our recoveries. Train and coach collections staff.
- Coach, develop, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems through a process of ongoing communication. Monitor progress and direct the workflow of the department to ensure standards are met. Promote an ongoing learning environment by recommending learning opportunities to enhance staff knowledge and skills. Responsible for preparation of performance evaluations and annual review of performance expectations for assigned employees.
- Ensure compliance with credit union guidelines and policies. Coordinate and monitor workflows ensuring all accounts are worked regularly and properly. Analyze inventory of delinquent loans and assign work accordingly.
- Recommend accounts to VP of Loan Resolution for approval of loan extension and modification requests.
- Oversee management of technologies used by the Loan Resolution Department including, but not limited to the Collection Platform, Automated Calling System and other technologies as needed. Manage third party vendors, as necessary.
- Handle escalated member situations related to their loans or otherwise when needed – aiming to satisfy the member and resolve concerns in a timely manner. Promotes a positive relationship between the members (internal and external) and the Credit Union and understands that service delivery to members is the number one priority of the Credit Union.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws governing the collection attempts made by the Credit Union.
- Regular and consistent attendance required.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years prior Supervisor experience preferably with a credit union or other financial institution. Must possess leadership qualities.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data and information to develop and provide analytical analysis.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.