A Marketing Intern assists the marketing department in supporting marketing campaign planning and execution including advertising and promotional efforts. In addition, they are responsible for completing clerical and administrative duties, writing copy for promotional emails, social media posts and other marketing collateral. Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for all marketing channels, prepare promotional materials and presentations.
- Work with the Marketing Team to plan and execute a focused marketing strategy that helps market Financial Partners Membership, Products and Services to specific, targeted groups
- Work with the sales team to support event marketing, lead generation, lead conversion, follow-up, and sales support/enablement. And you’ll potentially be attending outside networking and marketing events.
- Create and send emails in HTML, WYSIWYG, and other email solutions platforms.
- Use solid writing skills for advertising copy, member communications, and social media. Displays keen attention to detail, spelling, and grammar.
- Create graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and web designs, online/mobile banking applications, social media, and “proof of concept” projects.
- Use effective layout, design, and visual storytelling to create fliers and other marketing assets.
- Adhere to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Coordinate print vendors and mailings.
- Work with Marketing team to ensure that the Credit Union Brand is maintained through all delivery channels.
- Have or currently pursuing, a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Multimedia Design or related field preferred; significant relevant work experience may be considered/may be substituted for college degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Ability to effectively work, interact, and communicate with individuals and groups from management, and staff, to membership and vendor audiences
- Must be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Organization and time management skills
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must possess strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuing education of new marketing tactics and tools
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premier Pro, and/or equivalent designing tools and software
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products, including After Effects or comparable software like Red Giant, to create advanced designs, visual effects, and animations. Must also be proficient with traditional Adobe products: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Word Press, or other Content Management Solution (CMS)
- Familiarity with motion graphic design/creative experience; art, design or creative background
- Working knowledge of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, branding, typography, and color theory
- Familiarity with consumer psychology and buying habits
- Aptitude with various social media platforms as well as the data tracking tools associated with them
- Knowledge of printing and print advertising a plus
- Strong project management and organization skills required.
- Strong aptitude and curiosity for technology
- Skilled in videography, photography, and editing, a plus.