Investor Reporting and Accounting Specialist
Investor reporting is responsible for reporting and remitting principal and interest collections to investors, and reconciling custodial accounts on their behalf and completing monthly delinquency reporting. In addition, responsible for completing daily balancing of Servicing Accounting reconciliations timely and accurately. Prepares and reviews the maintenance of weekly and monthly investor reporting, general ledger reconcilements, and insurance services products
- Perform monthly custodial account reconciliations, balancing cash received to the expectations of the investor in accordance with the most current investor guidelines.
- Review, research and resolve variances in Investor Reporting utilizing internal and external systems/reports.
- Review monthly investor reports for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for the reporting of Consumer loan participations to private investors.
- Determine the amount of timing of principal and interest remittances to investors.
- Reconcile remittance reports and interest accruals from participating private investors
- Work with the Secondary loan delivery and lending departments to verify the accuracy of pending-loan data prior to boarding onto the servicing system and with subservicer once the loans are boarded onto the servicing system.
- Monitor custodial account activity to insure adequate funds are available on specified due date.
- Wire funds and approve investor drafts.
- Respond to investor inquiries regarding reporting or remittance differences, escalating inquiries as required.
- Review Delinquency Status reports and associated documentation for accuracy prior to file reporting. Notify appropriate related department associates of any discrepancy and request appropriate corrections are made before reporting deadline.
- Prepare and deliver Investor Default reports within the investor guidelines. Review edits received from investor after initial delinquency reporting and report corrections within the investor guidelines.
- Process and reconcile incoming investor wires for active loan participation and student loan participation remittances and submit to accounting for processing.
- Take appropriate action to make system changes regarding implementing new reporting statuses and codes, updates, and formats Loan Servicing Systems and/or the subservicer Systems Department. Work directly with internal I.T and Mortgage Subservicer to automate portions of the reporting process.
- Actively seek out departmental processes that cause reporting errors/mistakes, which result in edits and compensatory fees. Notify and work with Supervisor/Manager and other departments to amend procedures.
- Assist with the testing of new processes/procedures resulting from changes to investor reporting requirements. Participate as an observer in discussions around how to implement changes to investor reporting requirements.
- Prepare department general ledger reconcilements to finance monthly
- Conduct system audit reviews of Loan Servicing daily and monthly reporting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 year of accounting experience required.
- Excel or other spreadsheet software experience required.
- 1 year Loan Servicing Experience preferred.
- Experience with FNMA/FHLMC/GNMA Investor Reporting preferred.