VP Facilities & Purchasing
Financial Partners Credit Union is one of the nation’s largest credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound, focused on our members and partners, and growth-oriented. At FPCU, our partners work together with a common vision, “Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships.”
To help us continue to build on that vision, we are looking for a VP of Facilities, Purchasing, & Physical Security to provide leadership, direction, and oversight for all planning, management, and operations of credit union facilities including purchasing and mailroom operations. Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Chief Administration Officer, the VP of Facilities will plan, organize and manage the overall construction, maintenance, repair and physical operation of credit union facilities including purchasing and mailroom operations. In this role, you must be available on-call for emergencies. You will also required to work irregular schedules to accomplish task when the facilities are not in use.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Manage the maintenance of the buildings, grounds, equipment and outlying facilities.
- Direct facility constructions, repairs, installations, remodeling, grounds improvement and maintenance projects. Coordinate with other departments to complete projects; reviews project plans for energy efficiency and proper construction methods; maintain records of materials used; order and purchases new materials.
- Supervise, assign, and review the work of staff; set performance standards and evaluate staff; train, counsel, and discipline staff; conduct interviews and selects staff to be hired/promoted.
- Ensure that credit union facilities comply with state, federal and local laws, ordinances, regulations, and codes pertaining to the building industry.
- Supervise emergency repair jobs; inspect fieldwork performed; plan and estimate maintenance and repair work; maintain records of work order requests and completion.
- Assist the SVP, CAO in preparing and administering the budget; monitors budget accounts and expenditures.
- Confer with specialists on energy conservation programs and techniques for credit union operations; recommend operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality, and safety.
- Oversee the installation, repair, relocation, and removal of equipment and utilities within the facilities.
- Assure the optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire safety, elevators, alarms, etc.
- Provide on-call coverage to respond to emergencies and facilities after hour’s needs.
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout as needed.
- Plan, budgets and schedules facility maintenance, including cost estimates/quotes and analysis.
- Develop and initiate planned maintenance programs for equipment and company owned vehicles.
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for applicable equipment, including HVAC, office equipment, etc.
- Oversee parking and access badge administration.
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversee work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
- Provide project management oversight of branch expansion and build out as requested.
- Oversee contractors for facilities projects and repair such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, cabling, etc.
- Ensure the work environment is conducive to the creation of a World Class Service Culture
- Enforce sound housekeeping and safety practice resolving issues as they arise.
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
Why you will love working at Financial Partners Credit Union:
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries, incentive plans, and comprehensive health benefits
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree;
- You have at least ten years of facilities maintenance, operations leadership, and real estate property management experience that includes some project/program budget preparation and monitoring, and contract administration.
- You have experience with property management, lease negotiations, contracts execution.
- You have strong communication skills, basic computer skills, and the ability to manage others.
- You have knowledge of maintenance and proper methods and procedures used in keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition and in maintaining and repairing utility systems and physical structures of buildings.
- You have excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- You have the ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- You are familiar with local building codes, OSHA regulations, all current health and safety regulations.